Madison Daily Announcements: 2/8/2019

Hannah Kase, Online Editor-in-Chief

Here are Madison’s Daily Announcements for Friday, Feb. 8:

• The University of Alabama information session on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 9:30 a.m. in the Career Center. Sign up in Naviance.
  • International Night rehearsals for performers will take place next week. Meet after school on Wednesday, Feb. 13 in the Orchestra Room and after school on Thursday, Feb. 14 and Friday, Feb. 15 in the Auditorium.
  • Student job opportunities are available at https://tinyurl.com/OppsJMHS
  • Oakton Library Teen Advisory Board meets the first Thursday of every month from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m at Oakton Library. No registration is required and service hours are available for attendance. All students are welcome.
  • Logo art contest for Northern Virginia Trout Unlimited. Email entries to [email protected] for the opportunity to win a $100 savings bond.
  • Jamnesty Auditions after school on Wednesday, Feb 20 and Thursday, Feb. 21 in Room 234. Sign up to audition outside of Room 234.
  • Seniors: Application forms for the WINGS internship program are due on Wednesday, Feb. 13. Access the application through the QR codes posted around the building. Any questions can be taken to Ms. Brown in Room 194A.
  • The Jamnesty Human Rights Concert will be on Thursday, April 11 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Warhawk Hall.

Club Meetings:

• Spanish Honor Society members: 50 volunteers are needed for International Night on Friday, February 15. There is a Sign Up Genius on the Spanish Honor Society website.
  • Vietnamese Student Association meeting after school on Monday, Feb. 11 in Room 162.
  • Photography Club meeting after school on Monday, Feb. 11 in Room 193.
  • Students for Environmental Action meeting after school on Tuesday, Feb. 12 in Room 221.
  • Speech and Debate meeting after school on Monday, Feb. 11 in Room 11.
  • Baseball athletes: See Coach Pudge if you cannot attend the final Baseball Interest Meeting.

For more information on all of these announcements, check out the Madison News Network video here.