Deaths of Influential People in 2022
February 16, 2023
- October 23, 1940- December, 29, 2022
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love what you are doing or learning to do.”
- Youngest scorer ever of a hat-trick in a world cup final game. (1958)
- Voted World Player of the Century in 2000
- April 8, 1941- December 29, 2022
- “You have a more interesting life if you wear impressive clothes.”
- Best known as a British fashion designer who helped create the popular style “punk.”
- She received an OBE (Order of the British Empire) for her work involving the environment and sustainable conservation.
Pope Benedict XVI
- April 16, 1927- December 31, 2022
- “One who has hope lives differently.”
- Pope Benedict XVI is most notable for his commitment to keeping the production of Catholic Art alive and thriving.
- He was also the first Pope to resign in over 600 years.
Queen Elizabeth II
- April 21, 1926-September 8, 2022
- “Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly of wisdom and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view.”
- She served as Great Britain’s monarch for 70 years, the longest in Britain’s history and the longest female monarch in history.